Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Boo me because i am rich and handsome'…Cristiano Ronaldo!!!!!











The Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo says he regularly has a hostile reception from opposition fans because he is "rich, handsome and a great player".

Ronaldo, speaking after Wednesday's 1-0 Champions League win at Dinamo Zagreb, during which he was roundly booed and whistled, said he was also angry over a lack of protection from referees. During the Group D opener in Croatia he was the target of some robust challenges, one of which drew blood on his right ankle.

"We are very happy with three points we took, but I'm not so satisfied with the refereeing," he told reporters. "I hope we never have this referee again. People talk of fair-play, of protecting good players, but I never get any of that. I don't understand a thing.

"I'm sad because I hear referees saying they will protect skilful players, but while some are untouchable it seems I can be mauled."

Ronaldo was asked about the behaviour of the Dinamo fans, who gave him the kind of welcome he attracts every week in La Liga.

"I think that because I am rich, handsome and a great player people are envious of me. I don't have any other explanation."

The Argentinian winger Angel Di María scored for José Mourinho's side in the 53rd minute as Real began their quest for a 10th title in Europe's elite club competition.